Antigua and Barbuda
A review of Blue Waters for a two night stay during a weekend retreat in Antigua.
- Opulent chic rooms with incredible ocean views.
- Friendly attentive service throughout the resort.
- Fine selection of restaurants and bars available around the resort.
- A varied selection of included activities to entertain guests.
The welcome at the hotel includes a fruit juice and cold towel. You sit in the lobby and fill out the necessary paperwork.
A staff member then shows you to your room. I stayed in a deluxe beachfront room, which was near center of the resort. A large plate of fresh fruit was in the room to welcome me.
The first day was spent relaxing by the beach and enjoying the facilities of the property. Umbrellas and chairs are conveniently set up near the water. I also dipped in the pool.
I enjoyed dinner at the main restaurant which had a buffet or a la carte option.
My second day I organized an activity to snorkel at the reef. A jolly and personable water sports member nicknamed “Soldier” took me on a small catamaran hobie cat. We slowly sailed to the reef area.
The reef was quite spread out but there were many tropical fish to discover. I even was able to sail the boat back to the bay.
After a tour of Fort James I returned for a soak in the hot tub at night. With the stars overhead I searched for constellations with little success.
I cherished the beach on the final day at the hotel and then took a tour of St. John’s before leaving the island.
Only 10 minutes from the airport, this is one of the most convenient resorts on the island. The two private beaches add to the exclusive atmosphere. A reef lays across the bay for snorkeling right from the hotel after a short boat ride.
St. John’s is conveniently 10 minutes away and cars can be arranged by the hotel.
Friendly and helpful staff were always available to address my needs. The management team and front desk were very accommodating. Several staff members approached me to make sure I was being cared for.
A personal experience at a large resort is hard to come by and Blue Waters did a great job.
The deluxe beachfront room had a large king sized bed, seating area, TV and mini fridge.
The bathroom was open with a shower, stand alone tub, two sinks and toilet. A closet held the safe and bathrobes. The showpiece of the room was the classic style bathtub in the center.
My room had easy access to the pool and main beach of the hotel. The lobby, restaurant and bar were also nearby.
- Tours: A tour desk opens all the options of the island and can be easily arranged right in the lobby.
- Hotel Activities: The activities of the hotel are centered around the water with kayaking, sailing, snorkeling, and windsurfing as the main options.
- Spa: A spa with a varied selection of treatments using branded creams and oils.
- Tennis: A court is available near the entrance.
- Gym: An exercise room is also onsite.
There are several dining options available at the resort.
- The Palm Restaurant: This is the main restaurant off the lobby where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served.
- The Bartleys Restaurant: The private fine-dining option of the resort.
- The Cove Restaurant: A French and Caribbean restaurant with an a la carte menu for a more exclusive dining experience.
- Bars: There are several bars spread across the property the most notable being the Pelican Bar off the lobby.
Most visitors to Antigua are searching for sun, beach, and a relaxing atmosphere. Blue Waters satisfies these needs with luxury and a classic caribbean style. With different room classes available the property can accommodate all ranges of clients from honeymooners and singles to families and large groups.
The gardens, layout and two small private coves create an exclusive atmosphere for the guests to enjoy.
Minutes away from Antigua’s international airport, your next tropical paradise is closer than you imagine.
I recommend Blue Waters for those seeking a great Caribbean vacation.
Blue Waters Resort
Address: Soldier’s Bay, St. John’s, Antigua, West Indies
Phone: UK: +44 (0)870 360 1245 US: +1 (800) 557 6536