Tairona Inca: Colombia and Peru in 2 Weeks
A review of Colca Lodge Spa & Hot Spring of a one night stay with a visit to Colca Canyon.
- Spectacular ecological property spanning across a river with onsite natural thermal baths.
- Canyon views from most rooms.
- Fully equipped spa overlooking river.
- Several dining options across the property.
Ranked #2 for Yanque according to TripAdvisor, we wanted to experience the eco property for ourselves.
Coming from Chivay, we drove through the small town of Yanque and over a bridge to the hotel. On arrival, we sat in the lounge area as they processed our check-in.
After seeing our rooms, we went to the barbecue bar next to the river for lunch. Large barbecue meats were served with a salad starter. The succulent meat was cooked just right.
As it was a rainy day, we went for soothing and relaxing swedish massages at the spa.
In the evening we enjoyed the thermal baths which were still available for use. There were no other guest at the time, so it felt like we had the whole valley to ourselves.
The next day the hotel organized a great tour to Colca Canyon with their van and driver.
Once we got back, we made sure the soak in the thermal baths a bit longer before our departure.
A highlight of the property, the lodge is nestled in the valley spanning across the river. The main buildings of the hotel are facing the other mountain side where the alpaca and llama pen is located. Built on a high ground next to the Colca river under pre-Inca terrace ruins, the property has beautiful views from almost every angel.
Just a few minutes from Yanque center, the hotel is easily accessed via mountain roads.
Reception and restaurant staff were all very friendly and helpful. They offered service with a smile and met every request promptly and professionally.
We stayed in two standard riverside rooms, one on the first floor and another on the second. The rustic design fit the traditional style of the area with adobe walls and thatched roofs. The minimalist rooms had two beds with a bathroom. The highlight was the view over the valley.
The rooms had wood floors and dark accents. Outside the private terrace opened to a large garden. The bathrooms were utilitarian and clean.
The ecologically conscious design was impressive with thermal heat from the hot springs used for the floor heating and solar heaters used for the hot water in the bathroom.
- Hot Springs: Soak and rejuvenate in the onsite natural thermal baths. They were open all day and evening.
- Activities: Other activities include hikes and horse rides around the mountains.
- Tours: The hotel provides tours to several places of interest around the hotel, such as Inca sites, ruins and the town of Yanque.
- Spa: A stop at the wonderful spa is a must. Get a massage while gazing at the peaceful valley below.
There were three dining options on the hotel property.
- Lobby Restaurant: The primary restaurant of the hotel serves the buffet breakfast but is also opened for lunch and dinner with an a la carte menu. The fusion of local food and international tastes known as Alpandina provides something for everyone.
- Puye: The fine dining option of the hotel offers a quiet room with views of the valley and fine food.
- Barbecue Bar: The casual lunch hotspot is the restaurant next to the thermal baths. Here the chefs sear local meats on the grill for a quick sit down lunch.
This ecological lodge brings its guests a step closer to nature with its natural surroundings, earth conscious development and thermal baths.
The relaxed atmosphere helps guest focus on letting go and enjoying the moment.
If you enjoy nature and adventurous activities, Colca Lodge is the best option in the Colca valley.
Colca Lodge Spa & Hot Springs
Address: Fundo Puye-Yanque -Caylloma, Valle del Colca, Peru
Phone: 51-54 282177