Tornado Tour of South America – Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay and Brazil
A review of the JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- JW Marriott five star luxury standard.
- Located on Copacabana Beach.
- Great terrace and pool views over the bay.
- Professional and welcoming staff.
This 5-star luxury property is one of the higher rated choices right on the beach in Rio de Janeiro. The JW Marriott has always maintained high quality standards and this holds true for this property.
My experience with the property was short but left me with a positive impression. On arrival in the evening the front desk readily checked me in and offered a complementary upgrade. After settling into my room I inquired about the local nightlife options which were outlined for me.
The next day my day’s touring itinerary was planned out by the concierge who offered helpful advice and insider tips, such as I should avoid the downtown as it was a holiday and the area is not very lively.
Fernanda at reception gave me a great tour of the property highlighting the fact that staff go through rigorous training to create a team that they are all proud to work in.
I enjoyed the beachside facilities with attentive staff setting up beach chairs and towels. At sunset I relocated to the upstairs terrace which offered a bird’s eye view over Copacabana.
Right on Copacabana beach, you can’t be more central and in the middle of the action. Walk across the road and you are on the famous boardwalk. Go a step further and you are standing on the beach. Most sights are easily reachable by foot and if not, taxis are readily available in this area.
Consistent with the brand, service is maintained to a high standard. All the staff are professional in appearance and manner. The professionalism doesn’t come off as cold and questions/concerns are addressed in a friendly and pleasant manner.
The room is very comfortable with large windows overlooking the bay. Unfortunately the windows don’t open but this could be due to the soundproof design. The views were definitely the highlight of the room, so make sure you get a sea view on check-in.
A comfortable king sized bed and all the general amenities are available such as in room safe, coffee maker, flat screen TV, phone, and alarm clock. Wifi works great in the room.
The bathroom was function with a shower/tub combination and a sink with a marble countertop.
- Sightseeing: Many visitors will be pleased with the comprehensive explanations from the concierge for a sightseeing itinerary. Ask downstairs.
- Gym, Pool and Sauna: Set up on the roof of the hotel is the pool and gym overlooking the entire bay. Talk about a great view! The sauna and spa services are available at the same level.
- Beach Service: A visit to Copacabana wouldn’t be complete without a little beach time. The hotel has all the comforts of a private club right outside on the main beach with chairs, towels, and whatever you may need at your service.
- The Griffin Club: Relax or get some work done in the executive lounge offering complementary breakfast and happy hour.
Dining options in the hotel are limited, but a plethora of restaurants are just around the corner.
- The Carioca: The lobby bar offering meals as well.
- Terraneo Restaurant: The restaurant on the terrace with sweeping views of the bay.
For the location, wonderful views from the rooms and terrace, elegant design, and great supportive service, the JW Marriott Rio de Janeiro is a top choice for a stay in the country’s main city, whether for work or pleasure.
I recommend the hotel and look forward to visiting again.
JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro
Address: Av. Atlântica, 2600 – Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro – RJ, 22041-001, Brazil
Telephone: +55 21 2545-6500