Four Countries in 2 Weeks: Turkey, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and India
A review of the Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa from our one night stay in Udaipur, India!
- View over Fateh Sagar Lake and close to downtown.
- Extravagant Sheraton branded building designed like a palace.
- Good selection of restaurants and facilities.
I stayed at this property with three friends for one night when we went through Udaipur.
Though this wasn’t our first pick, we booked with Sheraton as they had availability and have a quality standard that we were looking for.
Right on the Fateh Sagar Lake the hotel offers some picturesque views. The location is conveniently located near the city for easy access to the touristy sites.
The service is of the quality standard for a Sheraton. They recognized my Gold Starwood Preferred Guest status and upgraded our room, offered complimentary internet and a fruit bowl.
The atmosphere was private and peaceful, even in the lobby.
Unfortunately we didn’t have too much interaction with staff other than the front desk.
The Antara restaurant, where we went for dinner and breakfast, had friendly servers and smiling station attendees.
We had a Deluxe Room with a view over the lake. The room was decorated with Rajasthani designs. There was a seating area as well as a desk.
The bathroom was decked out in marble and the shower had a window into the room for natural sunlight.
There was a complementary fruit bowl consisting of some fresh pears.
With its reputation as a leading tourism destination, most of the activities in Udaipur revolve around visiting palaces and lakes.
- Tours: The hotel has plenty of options to arrange tours. I would suggest hiring a driver to take you around some of the main sites if your time is limited.
- Pool: The open air swimming pool next to the Antara restaurant has a comfortable and stylish setting.
- Fitness Center and Spa: There is an onsite spa and exercise room but we didn’t have time to check them out.
- The main restaurant is right next to the lobby. The breakfast buffet offered a substantial selection and the service was very professional.
We did not try the dinner service in the restaurant, but were served food at the bar from the kitchen. The dishes were quite tasty.
- H20 – This is the bar at the pool that mostly serves cocktails and drinks.
- Wok by the Lake – If you didn’t know, Chinese-Indian food is very popular in India. Sample some here.
- Aangan – The lobby bar is basic but gives you a chance to sit outside and admire the view.
For a second level luxury property, Sheraton Udaipur does a good job of providing service and comfort in a great location to compete with the other options.
If you don’t want to splurge on the super-lux properties around Lake Pichola, the Sheraton is a great compromise.