Four Countries in 2 Weeks: Turkey, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and India
An experience and review of Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel Dhaka for one night as we passed through Bangladesh!
- Modern rooms and amenities.
- Beautiful pool and lagoon area.
- Friendly proactive service.
- Close to airport with convenient shuttle.
During our day in Bangladesh, we spent most of it on the serene resort of Radisson Blu. The experience included having breakfast twice in the Water Garden Brasserie, having a swim in the pool, taking a tour of the hotel, and unwinding in the Business Lounge.
Located just 5 km away from the airport, the hotel is one of the most convenient for a stay in Dhaka. Right on the highway, it has access to downtown Dhaka.
The hotel has four classes, Deluxe Rooms, Atrium Rooms, Business Class Rooms, and Executive Suites. We stayed in a Business Class Room which was very comfortable. The room had all the modern amenities like flat screen TV with satellite channels, business desk, and high speed wifi. The bathroom had both a bathtub and separate shower.
The service is one of the highlights of the property. The staff in all positions were very friendly and proactive in making our stay exceptional. One person from the front desk even offered to take us out himself in the company car to tour the town. The PR staff happily gave us an extensive tour of the property to highlight the points of interest.
- Pool and Outdoor Area – The beautiful blue-tiled outdoor pool is a highlight of the property. You can also get snacks or drinks as you lounge by the pool.
- Health Club – The health club offers modern exercise machines and equipment. We also saw guests jogging around outside around the lagoon.
- Meeting and Events – The hotel offers two of the largest event rooms in all of Dhaka. There is even a small private meeting room in the Business Class Lounge.
- Sundaree Spa – Spa treatments to rejuvenate guests.
- Tennis Court – There is a court near the entrance of the hotel that guests have access to.
- Business Class Lounge – The lounge offers a place to unwind and get some work done. We had our flight e-tickets printed out here which was a painless process.
- Water Garden Brasserie – The main restaurant of the hotel does not disappoint. The breakfast buffet is excellent and offers a mix of local Bangladeshi cuisine as well as traditional western fare. Make sure you taste the Rezala (Bengali Lamb Curry)!
- Sublime Restaurant – The modern restaurant focused on Bangladeshi cuisine.
- Chit Chat – The cafe that serves the pool area has great service and a decent selection of pastries to nibble on.
- Business Class Lounge – The top floor lounge offers a buffet style selection of snacks in the evening as well as alcoholic/nonalcoholic drinks.
There is a reason that the Radisson Blu is one of the top ranked hotels in Dhaka. What makes the hotel stand out from the rest is the oasis it provides in the hustle of Bangladesh.
On entering the property, one is transported to a tranquil retreat where birds seem to sing and guests lounge about as if on a tropical resort. The hotel is also very safe, walled in with security at the entrance, adding to the feel.
If looking for a hotel for business, leisure, or a special event, the Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel is your best bet in Dhaka.