An experience and review of Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa during our three day stay in Bali, Indonesia.
- Exceptionally relaxed on the most tranquil side of Bali
- Friendly, polite, and attentive service by a close knit team.
- Magnificent views and sounds of the forest.
- Luxurious spa with a sea view.
- Fresh, local cuisine at onsite restaurant.
Coming from the noisy Jakarta, my partner and I wanted to get away and relax for a few days, so we chose Puri Mangga in the north of Bali nestled in the mountains. Puri Mangga translates to the “Little Mango Castle” and is named for the number of mango trees lining the main pool of the property.
We arrived in the evening and stayed at the Jungle House with a private pool. The peace and quiet was stunning and the perfect place to refresh our minds.
Puri Mangga was our home base as we explored the coast line, saw dolphins in the bay, visited hot springs, temples and waterfalls. We received great recommendations and all our questions were answered about sight seeing.
We enjoyed the excellent made to order breakfast everyday served by the friendly staff.
On our last day, we partook in an hour long Balinese massage. It was one of the best massages I’ve ever had. The whole process was very soothing, from the masseuses, to the view, to the actual care and indulgence of the massage. I highly recommend it.
In the mountains in the north of Bali, Puri Mangga is only a few minutes drive from the town Lovina.
A bit far from the airport, the resort can arrange transportation. Alternatively a taxi is convenient or rent a car.
The Jungle House set up was very excellent. There are two large bedrooms with bathrooms on the second floor separated by a lounging area with a kitchenette.
The bottom floor is the private infinity pool and a sunbathing area.
The rooms were subtly decorated in the Balinese style with dark wood accents against white walls and quality linen.
The bathrooms had two sinks and an outdoor open air shower, completing the luxurious design.
This boutique resort has unique set ups for each room. Some are more suitable for families with children, while others are perfect for couples.
From check-in to check-out, the service was topnotch! Guests can really sense the personal attention and care by the staff who will go out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your stay.
They addressed all our questions and gave helpful day itineraries.
- Pool: There is a large infinity pool in the center of the property which also has a sea-view and a private pool if you are staying at the Jungle House.
- Spa: The onsite spa offers many different options to put you at ease.
- Beach: The beach is a short drive down the mountain which can be arranged by the hotel. Though the sand is very earthy, you can still get some sunbathing.
- Dolphin Tour: One of the famous activities is the sunrise dolphin tour, to see the gracious mammals aboard a traditional Balinese boat.
- Sightseeing: There are many other sightseeing options like the hot springs, numerous temples, waterfalls, and markets that can be arranged by the resort.
- The onsite restaurant is extremely accommodating. All their meals are freshly prepared and made to order. The cuisine is delicious. Bravo to the chef!
- Lovina offers many other restaurants options on the main road.
Overall, the resort offers one of the best retreats in all of Bali island. If you are looking for a truly relaxing experience, away from the crowds and tourist in the south, there’s no better choice than the attentive and unique Puri Mangga.
Christina and I had a wonderful time and look forward to another opportunity to visit!