An experience and review of Gran Melia Jakarta of our one night in Jakarta before heading to Bandung.
- Beautiful lobby with a unique semi-spherical wooden ceiling.
- Friendly, relaxed, and safe environment in the hotel.
- 5 Star luxury throughout.
- Excellent breakfast buffet.
- Central location in Golden Triangle of Jakarta.
During our trip through Indonesia, we chose the Gran Melia due to location and because I wanted to try the Spanish brand.
We arrived in the morning and went through the heavy security. Though this may seem like an annoyance, it is a standard practice for quality hotels to provide safety for their guests.
The reception staff were very professional and efficiently checked us in. They also granted a request for an upgrade.
We utilized the desk in the room to do some research for the trip with the complementary internet. Then went to the business center to print out our flight ticket receipts which was free of charge (for tickets).
The next morning we relaxed by the pool and took a nice swim before checking out to head to Bandung.
Right in the embassy area, the hotel is a short (depending on traffic) taxi ride to the city center and tourist sites. It is also right off a main highway giving access to the airports.
We stayed in the Premium Room with a king bed. The newly renovated room was very luxurious.
Some of the features I especially enjoyed were the couch seating area under the window, the automatic shades, and the layout of the room with the bathroom.
The bathroom was very fine, marble clad, with a separate shower and bath. The large window over the tub, let in natural light.
Overall the service was friendly and nonintrusive. Catering to many business clients as well as tourist, the atmosphere was very professional.
The front desk was efficient. The business center receptionist was eager to help and assist with some local calls. We also got a down to earth recommendation of local food from a door man.
- Sightseeing: Jump in a cab and head to the center of town for some sight seeing. The concierge can recommend a day’s itinerary or arrange tours.
- Spa and Treatments available
- Tennis Courts
- Outdoor Pool: Large wrap around pool is surprisingly peaceful even though it’s outside.
We only dined at the Cafe Gran Via, but there are other restaurant options as well. There is also a lobby lounge and a pastry shop.
- Cafe Gran Via: Serves cuisine from all over the world. This restaurant is also where the delicious breakfast buffet is located.
- Yoshi Izakaya Japanese Restaurant: If you are craving Japanese.
- Tien Chao Restaurant: Chinese restaurant with a specialty for Peking Duck.
The Gran Melia Jakarta is a top luxury property in the center of Jakarta. An excellent choice for business or tourism. The newly opened Red Level adds a VIP experience for those seeking a higher level of service.
A great first experience at the chain and I look forward to visiting another Melia property soon.