An experience and review of Paramount Inle Resort where we stayed one night during our tour of Inle Lake, Myanmar.
This resort is built on stilts sits in the middle of Inle Lake. With our one-day stopover in Mandalay, we arranged to experience the hotel ourselves.
- Great location in the center of the lake, a short boat ride from most attractions.
- Unique property and rooms.
- View Tower for great sunset and sunrise vantage points over the lake.
- Friendly staff and restaurant service.
We arrived in the late morning, by our arranged motor boat. A staff member greeted us as our boat docked. We checked in as Shan people weaved patterns in scarves. Then we were given an introduction of the property and our room.
After dropping our items in our room, we headed out on a day of sightseeing.
On our return, we relaxed on our room balcony with a coffee and watched the local birds. Then we explored the property a bit more and enjoyed the sunset view from the View Tower.
Finally we had a satisfying meal in their restaurant to wrap up a great day.
The next day we had a satiating breakfast before we left for a morning of sightseeing and checked out on our return. The hotel had guests for our room but still gave us a late check out and helped moved our bags for us.
Then we checked out and waved goodbye as our boat chugged away… Definitely a unique experience!
One of the unique highlights of the property, Paramount Inle is located in the heart of Inle Lake. It’s a bit of a ride to the hotel (45 mins from the town), but then you are stationed to really experience the lake atmosphere.
We stayed in one of the 12 Deluxe Cottages which are the stand alone structures. The inside was well decorated with teak and modern comforts like satellite TV, wifi, air condition, a mini-bar, and coffee machine.
The bathroom was a fully tiled and functional bathroom with toilet and bath, however as it was made on the stilt supported wooden frame, it would shake if you tried to moved your body weight. What a unique combination of luxury and a rustic feel!
Though most of the time we spent at the resort was within our cottage, all the interface we had with staff was positive. They always greeted with a smile and helped when we needed it.
The cleaning staff did a good job with turndown service as well.
- Sightseeing: The majority of guests will be tourists here to experience the lake so sightseeing is the main activity for the hotel. Boats can be organized through the hotel, but you can also organize in town with tour companies. The hotel’s location provides a great start or end of your daily tour of Inle.
- View Tower: Paramount has a high tower to climb up for great sunset and sunrise views over the lake. It is the tallest structure in the area with 360 degree visibility.
- Bird Watching: There are many birds around the resort and several areas to view them. This is especially popular during specific migratory seasons.
- Spa: There is a spa with massage options available onsite.
- The hotel has one main restaurant that guests are somewhat obligated to go to, but this is a good thing! The cuisine ranges from traditional Myanmar to western dishes. I recommend the curries with a Myanmar beer to cool the palate. Pricing is slightly higher than restaurants on the lake but competitive.
If traveling all the way to Inle Lake, the Paramount Inle Resort is a unique experience and stay right on the lake that shouldn’t be missed. The rooms and facilities are well decorated and equipped with modern luxuries. The staff are professional and friendly. We had a great stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for the real Inle experience!