Four Countries in 2 Weeks: Turkey, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and India
An experience at Trident Agra during our one night stay in Agra, India!
- Incredibly attentive service and thoughtful personalized care.
- Located a few minutes from the entrance of the Taj Mahal.
- Luxurious rooms with top notch amenities.
- Excellent onsite restaurant with fine Indian and Western cuisine.
I visited this property with three other friends for one night when we passed through Agra.
Trident Agra is a part of the Oberoi Group and is regarded as one of the top hotels in the city. We chose the hotel based on its reputation, reviews, and the fact that it was so close to the Taj Mahal.
We were not disappointed.
The Taj Mahal is a relaxing stroll over from the hotel or take a short horse carriage ride like we did.
Agra’s other landmarks are also just a short drive away.
From the moment that we stepped into the lobby, we were treated like royal guests.
The General Manager, Mr. Dasgupta, made sure that everything we could think of was taken care of and everything we didn’t think of was also taken care of. He was a true gentleman who knew how to host company.
Our butler, Avdesh, was excellent and attentive to every need. Not only service-driven, he genuinely cared for our wellbeing. When I had a sore throat, he thought to bring a hot cup of ginger tea.
The restaurant chef and staff did not only create delicious cuisine, but they also were thoughtful and prepared box lunches for our drive to the next destination.
I stayed in a Suite which had a separate living room area and guest bathroom. The room had a view over the gardens and was very comfortable with plenty of space and luxury amenities.
The living room had a dining table and seating area.
The main bedroom had a desk and large king sized bed.
On our arrival, there was a complementary bottle of red wine, welcome card (made of chocolate), and personalized embroidered towels.
The turndown service included a carrot cake and fresh fruit accompanied by a glass of Baileys.
Agra is famous around the world for its iconic landmarks including the World Wonder, the Taj Mahal. Most guests at the hotel are tourists visiting the sights.
- Tours: The hotel can help arrange very professional and safe tours to the different destinations.
We had a wonderful tour arranged to visit the Taj Mahal with highly embellished horse drawn carriages and a knowledgeable guide to introduce us to the wonder.
- Pool: The open air swimming pool in the central courtyard offers a retreat from the city.
- Fitness Center: If you need your workout, head over to the fitness center. There is also a jogging track if you prefer an outdoor aerobic exercise.
- Spa: The onsite spa offers massages and other treatments. Unfortunately we didn’t have time to experience it.
- Gardens: The hotel maintains their own farm and gardens. In fact, all the vegetables used at the restaurant are grown onsite to insure quality.
- Kid’s Club: A onsite play area and care center is available for younger children so couples with kids can find some alone time.
The main restaurant is connected to the lobby via the bar area. The skilled group of chefs prepare savory dishes of Indian and Western cuisine.
The experience at this hotel was easily one of the best in all of India. Every member of the staff is engaged to make sure you get the most out of your stay at the hotel and Agra.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Agra as a top choice for luxury, service, and comfort.